Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend

I should record something of my long and mostly enjoyable weekend. On Friday, I had a job interview, which felt quite positive. Even if I fail to get the post, it does break my recent run of interviews as theatres of humiliation. So that's good then.

Went away on Saturday with friends. The original objective was to climb in Coire an Lochain, but concerns about the cold meant we walked round the Northern Corries instead. It's well over a decade since I did this last, and that in full-on winter conditions, so it all felt very new. I was a bit depressed to see the amount of erosion on the plateau. That's what happens when you put in a road up to 650m. I also hadn't seen the funicular railway before. I suppose I disapprove, but on the other hand Coire Cas was fairly shagged up already.

Sunday did see some climbing activity on some seacliffs on the Moray coast. On the way, we passed Sueno's stone, and RAF Kinloss, complete with floral tributes at the gate. I did a couple of routes, but found it more relaxing to sit on the beach and watch boats go past.

Today, I mostly washed dishes and vacuumed.

No comments: