Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Friday


Taking the train to Corrour and going for a walk from there is something of a Scottish classic. Odd, then that I didn't do it until yesterday. There was a bit of ticking going on I must confess, Ben na Lap being a famously easy bag. But after I had my pelt for the day, I proceeded up Leum Uilleim, which if I'm honest is the better hill. Being slightly on its own, there are superb views all round, from Schihallion to Ben Nevis. The day was mostly warm and pleasant, rather springlike in fact, although frogspawn doesn't seem to have arrived yet.

The station house at Corrour is now run by a nice lady called Beth who provided coffee and a venison burger. How civilised.

My new rucksack (a Macpac) held up very well. It seems to be what all the kids are using these days, so I thought I should get with it.

2 comments:

Heavylevy said...

One of my favourite places in the whole world. Plan to get the sleeper up in May and walk all the way across to Dalwhinnie via Ben Alder. Nice pic by the way.

Dave said...

Sounds a great plan. I have quite a few hills round there still to do, so I'm sure I'll be back myself.