Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Aarrgghh!

I thought I had become accustomed to how crap the drama and comedy on Radio 4 can be, but Blood in the Bridal Shop plumbed new depths. Variously described as a drama and a comedy, this really was dire. I enjoy a challenge sometimes, and decided to listen to all 15 minutes of it rather than switching off at the end of Front Row, as I would normally. This felt a bit like trying to hold your breath underwater: you end up diving for the off switch with bursting lungs.

2 comments:

roGER said...

At least there is a fine adoptation of "In Cold Blood" later on in the evening...

But yes, urgh, Aarrgghh - who comissions this shite, and who lacks the common sense to say "Sorry but this just hasn't worked," pay off the cast and bin it?

Dave said...

I think there is a Radio 4 rule that you need fifteen minute of shite drama for every two hours of decent content.