Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow

My flat has a nice view, but I find it hard to photograph. You really have to see it. Here's quite a nice picture of Blackford Hill from this morning anyway.

In other news, snow and ice on Arthur's Seat reduced my time to 17 minutes. On the way down, a walker on his way up warned me of the ice. "I know!" I answered, and did a standing glissade down the path towards him. We did a short dance of awkward laughter and skidding feet until we were both stable again.

4 comments:

Robert Craig said...

Ooh, I was up there yesterday!

Thanks for the card. We will need to meet up in the new year. Hoping to get a walk in after Christmas but before going back on the 5th.

Dave said...

Lucky you!
I'd be up for a walk before the 5th too. Will be in touch.

Billy said...

On the way down, a walker on his way up warned me of the ice.

Must have thought you just magiced your way up the lower section.

Dave said...

Yeah, or that I live up there. Which would be quite cool.