Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More misery

What awful dreich weather. I had been meaning to blog about how the last trace of snow had just about disappeared from the Lammermuirs, making my view totally snow-free for the first time since about December. Then comes today's weather, taking us back to shivery midwinter. All day at work we looked out on to slanting lines of sleet. The bits of the Pentlands that were visible were blanketed with snow again. I actually find it worse than proper winter weather. I like it crisp and cold, but temperatures around freezing feel colder than those below.

We've had strong winds all evening and lots of sleet. A small drip has appeared in the corner of my living room. Argh! that's all I need. But now it has started snowing properly and the drip has stopped. So that's something.

2 comments:

Robert Craig said...

We've got a roof leak as well. Not a lot that can be done except containment until dryer weather.

Dave said...

One of my neighbours has a more serious leak, and as it's a communal roof we are getting somebody in. The joys of a century-old roof!