Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Curse of the were-rabbit

Thankfully, Wallace and Gromit's latest adventure is very good indeed, breaking a run of indifferent-to-poor films on my part. I noticed that the adverts beforehand were either obviously targetted at small children ("the best Disney princess album, in the world, ever!"), or were for cars. The distributors have worked out that dad is taking the kids, and apparently not mum. Or is it a sexist assumption that car adverts are only aimed at men? Probably. But I detest all car adverts anyway, so I'd never know any different. I'm old enough to remember when car adverts actually tried to tell you something about the car, rather than just being vague aspirational images. How long is it before some advertising exec hits on the idea of a retro style ad that is just informative?

No comments: