Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More misery

As if the misery recounted in yesterday's entry wasn't enough, last night I had my worst asthma attack ever. I suspect something I ate disagreed with me (a fried egg sandwich being the main suspect), giving me a temperature, uncontrollable shivers, scary asthma symptoms, and more than a little fear. As somebody who rarely suffers from any sort of ill health, it's doubly frightening that your body can suddenly bring you so low. Towards midnight, my stomach felt a little more settled, and I decided not to send for the ambulance after all. This morning I was back to feeling just wheezy, thus confirming my fried-egg-sandwich theory.

Since I spent most of the day in bed, there's little else to report, apart from some very pretty fog that came at 3.30 or so, then lifted to reveal a crescent moon.

1 comment:

Marshall North said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick, Dave. It sounds to me like you had a bad case of food poisoning, since shivers and fever are two of its classic symptoms. Salmonella was the likely culprit, since eggs were involved. I enjoy your blog, by the way. Ciao!